Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Germany & Other Adventures

Germany: I will be there in less than two days!  I have been trying to plan and prepare for this trip since the beginning of this year and I must say where did the time go?  That's just say it has sneaked up on me!

I think of this trip as a celebration to new adventures not only to my first time overseas but my future as well.  The end of this school year brought the start of my final year of graduate school as well as the closing of a school I have taught at for three years.  This door has closed and it leaves my future quite foggy which I admit is quite scary for me.  I am a planner and planners like to know the next step.  At this time, I do not know.  So Germany is an opportunity to get out of my comfort zone and the daily routine and kick off this new chapter in my future and career, whatever that will be.  It's time for this planner to just see where the cards fall and not put everything I want to do in life on hold.  If not now then when will I?

Now as far as getting ready for this trip, I ask if there is an over-thinkers club I can join for help because I have done this every step of the way!  I am proud to say that I am all packed.  However, I keep rethinking clothing choices and double checking that I didn't forget something.  Did I pack too much, too little, can I wear this three different ways?  I have tried on so many clothing combinations I should be set for a year!  I need a gift for my host?  Well, I deliberated on that for about a month!  I have been cursed with the need to think way too much for this trip; I'm blaming it on nerves.

Apart from clothing choices that won't make me stick out too much I am going to a country where I do not know the language.  I can say thank you, hello, goodbye, cheers and that's about it.  It's frightening and exhilarating all at the same time.  I am just thankful that I have guides along the way for my first trip across the pond.

All that's left is double checking paperwork, finalizing some things for the school and I then checking my list over and over again! But by noon on Friday, it will be too late for wardrobe changes and learning more German phrases because I will be off to Germany!  I cannot wait!  I am predicting a sleepless night Thursday because I will be just too excited!

If you want to read more from my fellow travelers just click below:

Buffalo State Germany for Educators Blog 


1 comment:

  1. Halo, salam kenal dari kami, Panther Martial Art. Kami adalah manajemen bela diri di Kota Bekasi. Jika ingin berlatih Taekwondo, Kempo atau Judo, bisa menghubungi tim kami.


    Terima kasih

    ReplyDelete

Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...