Friday, January 11, 2013

Some Stuff From First Semester

Still Life: 4 Ways
Some of you may or may not know that I began graduate school last semester.  I am continuing my studies in Art Education so I can gain my professional teacher certification (currently have my initial).  NYS requires a Master's degree so here I am going back to school! Which may explain some of the radio silence with afinetangle shop and the blog.  I thought I would share some things I did last semester.  These were my first projects for my painting class.  We had to do a series of 4 paintings in different styles.  In appearance order:
1. Palette knife only.  Could only use palette knives to paint with  (this one is my favorite)
2. 2 hour study: must be done in the 2 hour class (first one I did....found out I was really rusty) 
3. Cubism or Abstract (my had a lot of freedom on this one)  I chose little boxes of color.
4. Grisaille: Monochromatic under-painting with glazes of color on top (Holy Time consuming!)
Still Life: 4 Ways
Still Life: 4 Ways
Still Life: 4 Ways

No comments:

Post a Comment

Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...